AASC Board and Nominating Committee
Each year, the Alumnae Association’s Nominating Committee selects and presents a slate of nominees for alumnae trustees, officers and directors of the AASC Board of Directors and for members of the AASC Nominating Committee. The committee’s goal is to provide the best possible leadership for the Alumnae Association. Special attention is given to ensure that the slate represents the diversity of Smith alumnae.
Click here to nominate yourself or another alumna for consideration.
Alumnae Awards and Prizes
Smith College Medal
Each year the AASC and Smith College recognize exceptional alumnae in various ways. The Smith College Medal is awarded annually to exceptional alumnae who uphold the mission of Smith in their lives and work; that is, they exemplify the true purpose of a liberal arts education to give women of promise lives of distinction.
Jordan Prize and David Burres Prize
In addition, alumnae can compete for the Barbara Jordan Prize for the Study of Law and Public Policy and the David Burres Memorial Law Prize, both offered by the dean of the college. Send your inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AASC presents the following two awards annually at Reunion to recognize and honor alumnae for their distinguished record of dedication and commitment to Smith College.
AASC Club Volunteer Award
Smith club volunteers have bettered their communities through their public service efforts, recruited students and raised funds for scholarships, organized social events and have extended Smith’s intellectual vibrancy into the lives of alumnae around the world. The AASC Club Volunteer Award recognizes clubs and their alumnae volunteers for their dedication, commitment and extraordinary leadership in facilitating and sustaining involvement and innovation within their club.
- Anya Martin ’85, Smith College Club of Atlanta
- Monique Chavoya ’02, Association of Latina Alumnae of Smith College (ALAS)
- Elizabeth Tyminski ’86, Smith College Club of Boston
- Masami Winden ’94, Smith College Club of Tokyo
- Lois Grejbine ’52, Smith Club of France
- Susan Strom ’04, Smith College Club of East Bay, CA
- Janice Bacon ’46, Southwest Florida Smith College Club
- Kathleen Merrill ’72, Smith College Club of Great Britain
- Erin Paisan ’87, Dallas/Ft. Worth Smith College Club
- Anne Hornung-Soukup ’74 , Geneva/Europe
- Patricia Thatcher ’70 and Heather McHold ’91, Darien, New Canaan Smith College Club
- Smith College Club of San Francisco/Marin
- Smith College Club of Portland, OR
- Smith College Club of Minneapolis, MN
- Smith College Club of Cambridge, MA
- Smith College Club of San Diego
- Smith College Club of Chicago
- Smith College Club of Baltimore
- Smith College Club of Great Britain
- Smith College Club of NYC
- Smith College Club of Phoenix, AZ
- Smith College Club of Cleveland, OH
- Betsy Rainbow Morse, Smith College Club of Rochester
- Smith College Club of Central New York
- Smith College Club of Tucson, AZ
- Smith College Club of Washington D.C.
- Hampton Roads, VA Smith College Group
AASC Class Volunteer Award
Each year, the AASC recognizes two alumnae for their distinguished record of dedication, commitment and extraordinary leadership in facilitating and sustaining engagement, communication and innovation within their classes.