Stay connected to current students from your area by sending end-of-semester care packages to them. Students often send warm expressions of appreciation for receiving a box of homemade baked goods, gift certificates for local businesses, cards and other goodies, like warm socks for the winter. Here are some helpful guidelines to follow if your club wants to send care packages.
Last day of classes (Fall semester): Thursday, December 15, 2016
Last day of classes (Spring semester): Thursday, May 4, 2017
Care packages/gifts should arrive at least seven days before the last day of classes to ensure ample time for delivery and pick-up by students. Please check with your post office to allow enough time for delivery and be sure to use packaging that prevents damage during shipping.
- Label perishable items and consider necessary shipment time.
- Make sure to put the student name and box number on each package.
- Make sure to include the sender’s name, club name, and email/mailing address. (Many students send thank-you notes.)
Notify Mail Services of your package shipment by emailing email@example.com. In the subject line, put “Smith Club Mailing.” Please include the following:
- Name of club
- Number of pieces being sent
- List of recipients and box numbers
- All gift bags must be sealed and it’s best to send them in uniform packaging
100 Elm St.
Northampton, MA 01063
Mail Services will send notifications to students via email. Please do not send notifications to students.
If you are overseas, we suggest considering gift cards or certificates to local shops or ordering care packages from a local Northampton business. This will avoid items in packages becoming spoiled or packages getting delayed in the mail. It will also save on shipping costs.
- Atkins Farms care packages
- Greater Northampton Chamber of Commerce gift card
- Laurel Mountain Gift Baskets