In 1890, one of Smith's first clubs, the Smith College Club of New York City, was founded with the goal of providing an opportunity for alumnae to get together socially and to raise awareness about Smith. Today, there are more than 100 active Smith clubs around the world.
Smith clubs are vital to fostering alumnae connections and increase the visibility of Smith College around the world. Based on pride and mutual connections, clubs run on the energy and commitment of alumnae volunteers. Join your local Smith club today and become part of the fabric that weaves together the past, present, and future of your alma mater.
- Volunteer at your local Smith club
- Plan and host a social networking event
- Become a club board member
- Design or maintain a club Website
- Mentor a current student or send care packages to students from your club area
- Locate a student internship
- Run a book group
- Sell pecans to help raise scholarship funds
- Attend a tea for prospective students