Eligibility: While Smith Travel programs are designed for alumnae of Smith College and accompanying members of their immediate families, enrollment is open to all members and friends of the Smith community. Space permitting, a participating alumna may bring a non-Smith friend or couple.
Activity level: All participants must be in good health to enjoy a Smith Travel program. Any condition that may require assistance or special medical attention must be reported at the time a reservation is made. By forwarding the deposit for pre-registration or registration in full, the participant certifies that they do not have any physical or other limitations that would create a hazard for themselves or other travelers.
- A comprehensive educational program, including lectures and discussions with a Smith lecturer or host
- Accommodations based on double occupancy in first-class hotels or ships with private bathroom
- Services of tour directors and experienced local guide
- Bus transfers and baggage handling for participants traveling on group flights
- Port charges on cruises
- Excursions as listed in final itineraries
- Meals as indicated in final itineraries
- Pre-trip information
- Most gratuities
What's not included:
- Round-trip airfare
- Passport and visa fees
- Personal travel insurance (We strongly recommend that you take out insurance. Smith Travel will send you details of its preferred travel insurance company.)
- Transfers and baggage handling for those traveling independently
- Gratuities to ship’s crew
Tour Costs: Prices are, of necessity, subject to change should exchange rates fluctuate or conditions change. All prices are per person, based on double occupancy.
Registration and deposits: To be sure of a place on one of the 2010 trips, you may send in a deposit with the pre-registration form. Please check the trip page and tour operator for deposit information and then send to Smith Travel, AASC, 33 Elm Street, Northampton, MA 01063. You may also charge your deposit on MasterCard or Visa. Reservations may also be faxed to 413-585-2015. Deposits are provisional, pending your final payment.
Passport requirements: Please note that many countries now require individuals to possess passports with an expiration date of six months beyond the expected return to the United States. Please check that your passport meets the requirements of the country you will be visiting. If your passport needs to be renewed, please leave yourself ample time for processing.