We recommend that class presidents send at least one newsletter to their classmates each year and three newsletters during Reunion year. Electronic newsletters are free and can be sent by an OAR staff member, who will send a formatted broadcast email or create a link to your formatted print newsletter within a broadcast email.
- Emails are sent on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays whenever possible, as they have the best open rate. If you have a specific day and time you’d prefer it sent, feel free to indicate that.
- For class newsletter, send your request to the Office of Alumnae Relations – Joy Williamson at firstname.lastname@example.org (for all class years except Reunion years and the year leading up to your Reunion year) or Annie Croteau at email@example.com (for Reunion years and the year leading up to your Reunion year) – for a final review and proof.
Annie Croteau, Assistant Director for Reunions, Classes and Clubs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For club newsletter, send your request to Nancy Streeter Howes, Assistant Director for Reunions, Classes and Clubs, at email@example.com.
- In your email request, include:
- A subject line for the email
- The address to which the replies should be sent. The email must come from firstname.lastname@example.org
as it has gone through a specific vetting process so it won’t get black-listed.
- The final text of the email, either in an attached Word or Pages document or in the body of the email.
- Any images that you want included, as attachments. The larger the image, the easier it is to resize it to the correct proportions without distorting the image.
- Please give us at least 72 hours notice, especially as Reunion time draws near.
Although many classes rely exclusively on the OAR to send electronic newsletters, some also send print newsletters either to all classmates or those without email addresses.
If you decide to send a print newsletter to your class, you can work directly with your local printer or with Paradise Copies in Northampton (413.585.0414). Our liaison at Paradise Copies coordinates the design, printing, mailing, and billing of your newsletter, as your local printer should do. You can send your text and photos as email attachments to email@example.com.
Once you and your printer have your newsletter in a final draft format, please send it, as an email attachment, to the Office of Alumnae Relations – to Joy Williamson at firstname.lastname@example.org (for all class years except Reunion years and the year leading up to your Reunion year) or Annie Croteau at email@example.com (for Reunion years and the year leading up to your Reunion year) – for a final review and proof. We will then send the newsletter to your printer with any necessary edits and a class list, as an Excel file, for mailing. A link to the formatted version of your printed newsletter can be included in a broadcast email to your classmates for whom we have an email address on file.
In all of your correspondence, please encourage your classmates to update their email addresses and other contact information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For your class, club or group conference calls, we suggest using a service such as freeconference.com. Telephone conference call services are generally free or low cost, and there are a wide variety of services available online. For maximum participation, the call organizer should send instructions, including day, date, time, time zone, dial-in number and participant access code, via email one week before and one day before each call to all participants.