Smith popovers are a delectable treat, and perfect for your holiday table. Below is the recipe for a dish that is sure to satisfy your family and friends—and bring you back to your Smith days!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Spray a popover pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place pan on center rack of oven and preheat for 2 minutes.
3. Blend flour, salt, eggs, milk, and melted butter until it looks like heavy cream, about 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Cut chilled butter into 6 even pieces. Place 1 piece of butter in each cup and place pan back in oven until butter is bubbly (about 1 minute).
5. Fill each cup half full with batter and bake 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes. Time them so you can eat them right away.