Buenos Aires is justly known as the Paris of South America. Its elegant Beaux-Arts architecture, cosmopolitan atmosphere, sophisticated culinary and arts scenes, and exceptional friendliness make it one of the most inviting cities on earth. Stroll the grand avenues and the Plate River waterfront. Frequent old-world cafes and explore museums, galleries, historic monuments, antique shops and weekly markets. Take in a show at the famous Esquina Carlos Gardel tango palace. Visit the Evita Museum and opulent La Recoleta Cemetery. Celebrate the gaucho tradition on the pampas—Argentina’s vast, fertile plains—with a visit to the Estancia La Porteña, a historic complex on what is considered to be the most beautiful ranch in Argentina. Sample the country’s exceptional beef and wine and enjoy plenty of time to peruse Buenos Aires’ incomparable boutiques.
Download the full trip brochure
- Explore the town of Tigre on the Paraná River, known for its English-style rowing clubs, scenic marinas and Belle Époque mansions
- Visit the Colón Opera House, considered to be one of the finest concert venues in the world
- Tour the rose gardens, lakes and parks of the Palermo neighborhood
- Behold the wonder of the Casa Rosada, Argentina’s pink presidential mansion
Smith Faculty SpeakerMaria Helena Rueda, associate professor of Spanish and Portuguese
- Duration: 9 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $4,350 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $910 per person
- Deposit: $800 per person, payable to Royal Adventures
- Optional Extensions: A post-tour extension to Iguazú Falls is available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.