Download the full trip brochure
- Stay in two of Mexico’s most luxurious hotels, the elegant Four Seasons in Mexico and the charming Quinta Real, a beautiful converted colonial convent.
- Delve into ancient Mexican culture during excursions to the ancient city of Monte Albán, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and the National Museum of Anthropology, home to an incomparable collection of exquisite sculpture and artifacts from Mexico’s pre-Columbian civilizations.
- View incredible murals by world-renowned artists such as Diego Rivera and José Clemente Orozco that decorate the interiors of numerous colonial buildings in Mexico City’s historic center.
- Journey into the Oaxacan countryside to learn about the vibrant craft traditions of the Zapotec and Mixtec cultures and to see firsthand traditional Mexican villages.
- Meet with Oaxacan painters, sculptors and craftspeople at their homes and studios, and learn about the materials and methods they use to create their works.
Smith Faculty SpeakerVelma García-Gorena, professor of Government
- Duration: 8 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active. All participants should be in good health. Daily programs could involve 2-3 miles of walking, including city streets and historic neighborhoods where footpaths may be cobblestoned and uneven.
- Cost: $3,995 per person, based on double occupancy.
- Single Supplement: $895 per person
- Deposit: $1,000 per person, payable to International Seminar Design, Inc.
- Co-Sponsors: This is a Smith-only departure
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.