Join President Kathleen McCartney on an 11-day journey to discover the wild beauty of Scotland on specially guided walks through its famous glens and highlands. From mist-shrouded islands, climb windswept cliffs to spy sea eagles flying overhead and seals playing in the waters below. Explore how the country’s fascinating history is entwined in its landscape. Uncover the disparate influences on Scottish culture, from mysterious stone circles and indigenous Pict tribes, to early Christian monasteries and Viking settlements. Fly to the Orkney Islands to experience the unique history and natural wonders of this remote region, which is believed to contain more ancient sites than anywhere else in Europe. Partake of Scotland’s most famous inventions—whisky and golf—with specially arranged tastings at distilleries and an optional day chasing the dimpled ball on one of the area’s celebrated courses. Reserve your space soon as availability is limited.
Download the full trip brochure
- Immerse yourself in Scotland’s rugged beauty on iconic Highland walks
- Sample uisge beatha (Gaelic for “whisky”) at a famed distillery at the Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Follow in the footsteps of sixth-century monks on the tiny island of Iona, site of an ancient abbey
- Witness the age-old art of falconry practiced on the lawn of a famous castle
- Enjoy lectures by Michael Thurston, an expert on the poetry of Scotland and the British Isles
- Fly to the Orkney Islands to explore mysterious prehistoric sites, some of the oldest in Europe
Smith Faculty SpeakerMichael Thurston, New Provost and Dean of the Faculty, Smith College, Helen Means Professor of English Language & Literature
View Smith Faculty Speaker Profile
- Duration: 11 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: $11,999 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $13,999 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $1,000 per person, payable to Arrangements Abroad
- Co-Sponsors: This is a Smith-only departure
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.