Join fellow Smith travelers for a long weekend escape to exotic Iceland. From steamy hot springs to top-notch spas, magnificent malls to art museums, this unique land is the perfect place to relax, recharge and explore. This is the best time to see the Aurora Borealis—the Northern Lights. In addition to exploring the city sights in Reykjavik, you will also experience the essence of Iceland as you gaze upon geysers, pass by the Eyjafjallajokull Volcano and peer into the icy depths of the Keri volcanic crater.
Download the full trip brochure
- Dine on Icelandic specialties, including a traditional lobster feast, delicious seafood, highland lamb and unusual varieties of game
- Take a snowmobile safari to the top of a glacier, ride an Icelandic pony or search out puffins and whales
- Bathe in the Blue Lagoon, an azure pool of mineral-rich warm water amid a lava field
- Tour Bessastadir, the official estate of Iceland’s president
Smith Faculty SpeakerMark Brandriss, senior lecturer of geosciences
- Duration: 5 days
- Activity Level: Easy
- Cost: $1,980 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $290 per person
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Discover Europe Ltd.
- On-tour Air: Round-trip air is included from Boston or New York
- Co-Sponsors: This is a Smith-only departure.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.