Join fellow travelers for one of Smith’s most beloved alumnae trips. Back by popular demand, this five day escape to exotic Iceland has been honed and perfected for your enjoyment. Step away into another world that blends ancient history with all the luxuries of contemporary travel. Legends say that Reykjavík was discovered with the help of the ancient gods, and named for the geothermal steam that now heats many homes, swimming pools, and greenhouses. Experience the essence of Iceland as you gaze upon geysers, pass by the Eyjafjallajokull Volcano and peer into the icy depths of the Keri volcanic crater. While in Iceland, take advantage of the extraordinary menus containing that morning’s catch, highland lamb, and some rather unusual varieties of game served with great imagination and exquisite taste. Even the most discerning of diners will be delighted! Take part in optional excursions to include whale watching, horseback riding, lava field sightseeing, and much more. You might be fortunate enough to even spot an elf amid the lava fields! Be sure to enroll early for this five-day escapade to the Land of Fire and Ice.
Download the full trip brochure
- Have a chance to see the beautiful Northern Lights under the direction of your local expert guide, weather permitting
- Walk along the famous black volcanic beach in Vík, filled with striking rock formations situated near the gorgeous fairy-tale backdrop of the Seljalandsfoss waterfall
- Dine on Icelandic specialties, including a traditional lobster feast, delicious seafood, highland lamb and unusual varieties of game
- Select optional excursions on your free day to include a snowmobile safari to the top of a glacier, an Icelandic pony ride, puffin and whale watching, or stroll through downtown Reykjavík for museum visits and shopping
- Before flying home soak in the renowned Blue Lagoon, an azure pool of mineral-rich warm water amid a lava field
Smith Faculty SpeakerJames D. Lowenthal, Professor of Astronomy
View Smith Faculty Speaker Profile
- Duration: 5 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: $2,980 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $890 per person
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Discover Europe, Ltd.
- On-tour Air: Round-trip air is included from Boston or New York
- Co-Sponsors: This is a Smith-only departure
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.