Enjoy the comfort, intimacy and leisurely pace of barge travel as you glide along the rivers and canals of the Burgundy region of central France. Your tour will begin with three nights in exquisite Beaune, Burgundy’s wine capital, also the site of the Hospices de Beaune, one of France’s finest 15th-century buildings. Take a scenic drive along the Route des Grands Crus, and enjoy a wine tasting at the fabulous Chateau de Meursault, which has been producing Meursault wine since the seventh century. From Beaune, spend three nights on the luxurious river barge Caprice, setting forth by day on walking, cycling or coach excursions to historic destinations, including Dijon, Santenay, Chalon-sur-Saône and Tournus. Conclude with three nights in the Roman city of Lyon—the gastronomic capital of France—with a French cooking class and samples of regional specialties.
Download the full trip brochure
- Take a French cooking class and and savor samples of regional specialties
- Visit the Hospices de Beaune, one of France’s finest 15th-century buildings
- Enjoy a scenic drive along the Route des Grands Crus, with a wine tasting at Chateau de Merusault
Smith Faculty SpeakerHélène Visentin, associate professor of French Studies
- Duration: 11 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: $4,995 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $2,995 per person
- Deposit: $600 per person, payable to Alumni Holidays International
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.