Smith Travel is delighted to offer you a last-minute opportunity to participate in the 13th Biennial in Havana: “The Construction of the Possible.” Dates for this event were only recently confirmed by the Wilfredo Lam Contemporary Art Foundation and and our tour operator, a specialist in travel to Cuba, has been able to craft an extraordinary program for a small group of Smith travelers. Art literally spills out of galleries, schools, historical sites, and public spaces with installations and performances taking place on street corners and along the beautiful seafront promenade. Cuban-born Lester Tomé, an associate professor in the Dance Department and an affiliate of the Latin American and Latino/a Studies Program at Smith College will lead this program. You’ll have a front-row seat to an event that brings together the people of Cuba, artists and travelers from all over the world to a majestic colonial city with an inspiring and inclusive vision of art.
Download the full trip brochure
- Accompanied by an architectural historian, enjoy a walking tour of Old Havana, with a stop at the Wilfredo Lam Center, organizer of the Havana Biennial
- Meet artists and curators in their homes and studios, including a private lunch at the home of artist José Fuster
- Watch a private dance rehearsal of the Danza Contemporanea
- Admire Cuba’s most famous landscape on a full-day excursion to Valle de Vinales, with stops at farms along the way
- Sip a mojito and enjoy an al fresco lunch at the iconic Hotel Nacional
- Dine at carefully selected paladars, private restaurants offering eclectic Cuban cuisine
Smith Faculty SpeakerLester Tomé, associate professor of Dance
View Smith Faculty Speaker Profile
- Duration: 7 days
- Activity Level: Active
- Cost: $3,580 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $690 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $1,000 per person, payable to Distant Horizons
- Co-Sponsors: This is a Smith-only departure
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.