Experience the cultural rebirth of the Baltic states, the magnificent imperial riches of St. Petersburg and the luminous “White Nights of Summer” on this remarkable five-country, seven-night Baltic Sea cruise. Enjoy a rare opportunity to hear enriching presentations by former President of Poland Lech Wałęsa and noted author and scholar Sergei N. Khrushchev, son of Nikita Khrushchev, former Premier of the U.S.S.R. Immerse yourself in the cultural renaissance of Gdańsk Poland; revel in the medieval charms of Tallinn, Estonia, and Visby, Sweden, both UNESCO World Heritage sites; and discover the stunning architecture of cosmopolitan Helsinki, Finland. Enjoy two days exploring regal St. Petersburg, including a specially arranged early entry into the world-acclaimed State Hermitage Museum, a visit to Peter and Paul Fortress and an excursion to Catherine’s Palace and Petrodvorets, two UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Download the full trip brochure
- Appreciate a rare private opportunity to hear from Lech Wałęsa, former President of Poland and Leader of Poland’s Solidarity Movement and Sergei Khrushchev, son of Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev, noted author and award-winning scholar
- Visit seven UNESCO World Heritage sites including Tallinn’s historic and medieval quarters; State Hermitage Museum; St. Petersburg city tour featuring a visit to the Peter and Paul Fortress; Peter the Great’s Petrodvorets and Catherine the Great’s palace in Pushkin; the old fortifications of Helsinki; historic former Hanseatic city of Visby on the island of Gotland
- Enjoy an optional Russian folklore show in the Nikolaevsky Art Center
Smith Faculty SpeakerBrent Durbin, Associate Professor of Government
View Smith Faculty Speaker Profile
- Duration: 9 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $6,495 per person, based on double occupancy; *Early Booking Discount rate expires November 17, 2017. Add $1,000 per person for reservations made after November 17, 2017.
- Single Supplement: From $5,400 per person (limited availability); *Early Booking Discount rate expires November 17, 2017. Add $1,000 per person for reservations made after November 17, 2017.
- Deposit: $800 per person, payable to Thomas P. Gohagan & Company
- Co-Sponsors: Various institutions
- Optional Extensions: An optional two-day pre-tour extension to Stockholm and a two-day post-tour extension to Norway are available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.