Join Smith Travel on this 15-day comprehensive tour of Germany—the old and the new. Experience the allure of this classically gorgeous land with a cruise on the legendary Rhine and vistas of the fabled Black Forest. Take in the striking Bavarian Alps, and explore the culturally rich Munich and storied Berlin. Germany is a country of both exquisite natural and man-made beauty, and the landscape tells the story of its cosmopolitan present as well as its simultaneously regal and tumultuous past. Accompanied by a small group of no more than 24 guests this comprehensive yet well-paced visit to Germany will help you situate yourself in this country of both historical and modern marvels by showing you some of its breathtaking countryside.
Download the full trip brochure
- Enjoy a medieval interlude with a visit to the Black Forest, home of famous fables and delicious chocolate cake
- Admire the magnificent view of the Bavarian Alps, home of the Neuschwanstein Castle—the inspiration for Walt Disney’s Sleeping Beauty castle.
- Spend time enjoying the many sights offered in bustling Munich: the Glockenspiel carillon, Nymphenburg Palace, and royal Maximilianstrasse
- Gain a new understanding of the geography of Germany’s atrocities with a somber trip to the Dachau Concentration Camp as well as a visit to the memorial site and courthouse of Nuremberg
- Travel to Dresden for the opportunity to view it’s beautiful display of extraordinary crown jewels and home of the world’s largest diamond
- Visit nearby Potsdam and elaborate Sanssouci, the former summer palace of Frederick the Great
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be confirmed
- Duration: 15 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $5,192 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $1,195 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Odysseys Unlimited, Inc.
- On-tour Air: Round-trip air is included from Boston, New York, or Philadelphia; prices for other departures are available
- Optional Extensions: An optional three-day post-tour extension in Berlin is available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.