Weave through the lush landscapes of Colombia, discovering the country’s indigenous cultures and evocative Spanish Colonial heritage on a one-of-a-kind small group tour. Begin in Bogota, Colombia’s capital, where you’ll feel like a local at colorful Paloquemao, a major market featuring food from around the world. Travel north through the center of Colombia’s flower-growing industry to arrive at the Salt Cathedral, an underground church built inside a salt deposit. Visit the mountains and fertile valleys of the Coffee Triangle, dine in a hacienda, and then embark on a full-day tour of the pastoral region of the Cocora Valley. Complete the journey in Cartagena, winding through cobblestone streets and plazas lined with colorful buildings bedecked with flowers.
Download the full trip brochure
- Visit the colonial district of La Candelaria, with a stop at the Gold Museum
- Tour a coffee plantation and learn about Colombia’s role as a top coffee producer
- Experience the breathtaking natural beauty viewed from the Colombian Andes
- Take a walking tour of Medellin, enjoying the art, nature and culture of Botero Square
- Ride the Medellin Metrocable, the city’s iconic gondola that traverses a 1.2-mile route
SpeakersPeter DeShazo, visiting professor of government and of Latin American studies at Dartmouth College
- Duration: 11 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: $4,048 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $995 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Odysseys Unlimited, Inc.
- On-tour Air: Round-trip air is included from various gateways; see brochure for pricing
- Co-Sponsors: Dartmouth College
- Optional Extensions: An optional two-day post-tour extension to Cartagena is available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.