Experience the exhilarating city of Havana during its 12th biennial. Marvel at the city’s transformation into one of the largest galleries in the world, with more than 150 artists from Latin America, the Caribbean, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Europe, Australia, Canada and the United States showcasing their works based on this year’s intriguing theme “Between the Idea and Experience.” Immerse yourself in Cuba’s culture through performances and exhibitions that spill out onto numerous public areas. This unparalleled seven-day program unravels the rhythms of Cuba’s past and present, giving visitors unique opportunities to meet local residents and professionals from all walks of contemporary Cuban life while exploring landmarks that are significant to the country’s heritage.
Download the full trip brochure
- Sip a welcome mojito and enjoy lunch outside at the iconic Hotel Nacional
- Watch a private dance rehearsal of the Danza Contemporanea
- Meet artists and curators in their homes and studios, including a private lunch at the home of artist Jose Fuster
- Admire Cuba’s most famous landscape on a full-day excursion to Valle de Vinales, with stops at farms along the way
Smith Faculty SpeakerLester Tomé, Assistant Professor of Dance History and Latin American Culture
- Duration: 8 days
- Activity Level: Moderate
- Cost: $4,640 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $870 per person
- Deposit: $600 per person, payable to Distant Horizons
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.