This expedition through some of nature’s more secluded landscapes will allow us to discover the remote inner reaches of Alaska’s Inside Passage aboard the 66-passenger Admiralty Dream. Enjoy the agility and flexibility of small-ship travel, up-close encounters with wildlife, stunning scenery, and cultural experiences on this 7-day journey with all onboard hand-crafted meals each day. An Orbridge Expedition Leader and two expert naturalists will help you to learn some surprising details about animal behavior, glacier activity, and the wealth of natural spectacles that exist in these protected waters. Capture the sight of whales breaching next to your boat, bears fishing along the shoreline, and eagles looking down from their nests and witness Alaska’s amazing show of nature. Along the journey, take your pick of fun activities such as kayaking, skiff rides, and hiking, and enjoy relaxing cups of hot cocoa on the deck.
This program also offers an optional pre-extension to Denali National Park. Explore this vast and stunningly beautiful wilderness – home to Mt. Denali, the highest mountain in North America. Ride the Alaska Railroad, stay in a hilltop lodge with panoramic views located inside the park, and learn how this magnificent area became one of our nation’s most breathtaking conservation areas.
Register online here!
Download the full trip brochure
- Learn about Alaska’s culture and living history during a Native dance performance at a Tlingit Clan House and from a Native Huna Tlingit Cultural Heritage Guide at Glacier Bay National Park.
- Visit a salmon hatchery, the Alaska Raptor Center, and Sitka National Historical Park, and take a guided tour of the Norwegian fishing community of Petersburg.
- Joined by a Park Ranger, enter the pristine waters of Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve to see the sanctuary’s deep fjords, tidewater glaciers, and snow-capped mountain ranges.
- Experience Tracy Arm, a narrow fjord that winds through towering mountains and massive glaciers.
- Witness the “calving” of glaciers as gigantic chunks of ice break and crash into the water, and watch out for harbor seals that often dot the floating platforms and mountain goats on nearby perches!
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be confirmed
- Duration: 6 days
- Activity Level: Easy
- Cost: From $3,495, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $2,000 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $850 per person, payable to Orbridge, LLC
- Optional Extensions: A six-day pre-tour extension in Denali National Park is also available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.