Join fellow alumnae next summer for an expedition through some of nature’s more secluded landscapes as we discover the remote inner reaches of Alaska’s Inside Passage aboard the 66-passenger ship, Admiralty Dream. This program features the agility and flexibility of small-ship travel, up-close encounters with wildlife, stunning scenery and cultural experiences. Gain a deeper cultural and historical appreciation through the onboard lecture program and educational guidance of an Orbridge Expedition Leader, two expert naturalists, and a Park Ranger and Native Huna Tlingit Cultural Heritage Guide during a visit to Glacier Bay National Park. Capture the sight of whales breaching next to your boat, bears fishing along the shoreline, and eagles looking down from their nests—all part of nature’s amazing show. Space is limited.
Download the full trip brochure
- See the spray of whales only yards away and venture into secluded inlets as you get up close to nature from the decks of the Admiralty Dream
- Learn the history of Sitka National Historical Park, the area that served as the battle site between Russian traders and the indigenous Tlingit
- Cruise through the Peril Strait to Hanus Bay for an afternoon of kayak, skiff or hiking excursions
- Experience a rare tour of the Hidden Falls Hatchery to learn about the vital role fishing has held in Alaska for centurie
- Witness the “calving” of towering glaciers through the windy, narrow Tracy Arm fjord as chunks of ice break and crash into the water
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be confirmed
- Duration: 8 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $3,295 based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $1,700 per person
- Deposit: $850 per person, payable to Orbridge LLC
- Optional Extensions: A six-day post-tour extension to Denali National Park is available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.