Experience an unforgettable, comprehensive exploration of Egypt’s inspiring history and ancient civilizations. Start your in-depth journey on land in the bustling capital of Cairo, with stops at the world-renowned Egyptian Museum, followed by the Citadel of Saladin, a spectacular medieval fortress that affords stunning views of the city below. During the next two weeks, cruise along the Nile River, one of the world’s busiest and most popular waterways. You’ll explore some of the finest sites in Egyptian antiquity, from the open-air museum at Memphis to the pyramids to the ancient city of Luxor. An optional post-tour extension is available to Jordan: Petra & Amman.
Download the full trip brochure
- Explore the rescued ruins of Abu Simbel, a massive complex of temples guarded by four colossal statues of Ramses II
- Visit the Aswan High Dam, a miracle of engineering that took more than 18 years to construct
- Embark on small "feluccas", replicas of ancient Nile sailboats, for an afternoon adventure
- Stroll through Cairo’s popular Khan el-Khalili bazaar, the largest in the Middle East
- Spend your evenings enjoying exceptional dining and entertainment, such as a traditional belly dance performance.
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be determined
- Duration: 15 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active; This trip involves considerable walking on varying uneven terrains and at sites of ancient ruins. Travelers should be in good physical condition to enjoy the tour to its fullest.
- Cost: From $4,497 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $995 per person
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Odysseys Unlimited, Inc.
- On-tour Air: Round-trip air is included from Boston, New York, or Washington, D.C.; prices for other departures are available
- Co-Sponsors: This is a Smith-only departure.
- Optional Extensions: A five-day post-program extension to Jordan: Petra & Amman is available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.