Back by popular demand, experience another unforgettable exploration of Egypt’s inspiring history and ancient civilizations. Join Scott Bradbury, Professor of Classical Languages and Literature, on a 15-day small group journey accompanied by an expert Egyptian guide. Start your in-depth journey on land in the bustling capital of Cairo, with stops at the world-renowned Egyptian Museum. In Aswan, tour the massive Aswan High Dam, then embark on a fascinating three-night Lake Nasser cruise through ancient Nubia, exploring the outstanding temples at Philae, New Kalabsha, Wadi el-Seboua, Amada, and Abu Simbel. Set sail on a classic three-night Nile voyage sailing on a traditional felucca with the opportunity to visit Kom Ombo’s temple and Edfu’s Temple of Horus. Conclude your tour with the wonders of the East and West banks, from the Karnak and Luxor temple complexes, to the haunting Valley of the Kings and Valley of the Queens. Enroll early as space is limited to 24 travelers.
Please contact Odysseys Unlimited at (888) 370-6765 to receive information for the next Smith Travel trip to Egypt, January 4-18, 2021.
Download the full trip brochure
- Explore Cairo’s ancient sites, including the Great Pyramids, Sakkara, the Sphinx, Memphis, and popular Khan el-Khalili bazaar, the largest in the Middle East
- Relax on a peaceful three-night cruise on Lake Nasser, passing through the ancient Nubian homeland
- Tour the extraordinary tombs outside Luxor in the Valley of the Kings and Valley of the Queens, and walk among Karnak’s ancient temple stones
- Spend your evenings enjoying exceptional dining and entertainment, such as a traditional belly dance performance.
Smith Faculty SpeakerScott Bradbury, professor of Classical Languages and Literatures
View Smith Faculty Speaker Profile
- Duration: 15 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active; this trip involves considerable walking on varying uneven terrains and at sites of ancient ruins. Travelers should be in good physical condition to enjoy the tour to its fullest.
- Cost: From $4,997 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $1,195 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Odysseys Unlimited, Inc.
- On-tour Air: Roundtrip airfare is included from Boston or New York; prices for other departures are available
- Co-Sponsors: This is a Smith-only departure
- Optional Extensions: An optional five-day post-tour extension to Jordan: Petra & Amman is available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.