From Dublin to Galway, urban to rural, enjoy the best of Irish hospitality on this comprehensive yet well-paced tour. Begin in Dublin with tours of Trinity College and St. Patrick’s Cathedral, before crossing the island to sail to Inishmore, the largest of the stony, wind-and-sea-swept Aran Islands. On the west coast you’ll enjoy magnificent scenery in County Galway and on the Ring of Kerry and The Burren—a landscape of stark, limestone moors. Along the way, dine with local families, tour Kylemore Abbey and the Victorian Walled Garden, watch competitive Sheepdog trials and visit the Kerry Folklife Centre, which showcases Irish bookbinding, weaving and pottery. Tour Blarney and the 12th-century iconic Rock of Cashel, before concluding in Kilkenny, then in Kildare, with a trip to the Irish National Stud—a thoroughbred horse farm.
Download the full trip brochure
- The elemental Aran Islands
- 700-ft high Cliffs of Moher
- Kate Kearney’s Cottage, a 150 year-old restaurant at the Gap of Dunloe
Smith Faculty SpeakerMichael Thurston, professor of English Language and Literature
- Duration: 13 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $4,558 per person, based on double occupancy, including air from New York
- Single Supplement: $895 per person
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Odysseys Unlimited
- Optional Extensions: A post-tour extension to Northern Ireland is available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.