Join fellow alumnae on this unique itinerary, which captures the old-world sophistication of Portugal, the artistic riches of Spain’s Basque country, the Celtic heritage of Brittany and the timeless, stately elegance of London. A riveting canvas of influential seaports awaits you along the shores of the Atlantic Ocean. Cruise for eight nights from Lisbon aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star, small ship MS Le Boréal, an elegant ship able to sail into otherwise hard to reach ports. Explore Oporto in Portugal’s renowned port wine country and historic city center, Ribeira. Walk in the footsteps of ancient pilgrims on the Way of St. James in Santiago de Compostela. Observe the intriguing juxtaposition of old and new in Bilbao and visit the Frank Gehry-designed Guggenheim Museum. Special guest speaker Dwight D. Eisenhower II, grandson of General and President Dwight D. Eisenhower, accompanies you to the hallowed beaches of Normandy.
Download the full trip brochure
- Tour the most prominent Gothic monument in Oporto, the Church of São Francisco—an intricately gilded Arabian Hall inspired by the famous Moorish Alhambra palace
- Travel into the oak and pine-forested hills of Galicia to tour the capital and UNESCO World Heritage site, Santiago de Compostela
- Visit the historic Normandy beaches 74 years after the D-Day Landings
- Take in the awe-inspiring sites on a walking tour of Mont-St-Michel and visit its impressive 11th‑century Abbey, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Enjoy onboard lectures while cruising the Strait of Dover, known for the dramatic White Cliffs of Dover, an iconic symbol of Great Britain
- Experience a once-in-a-lifetime cruise from the English Channel into the North Sea and up the River Thames into the “heart of London”, to the iconic Tower Bridge
Smith Faculty SpeakerDonald C. Baumer, Professor of Government
View Smith Faculty Speaker Profile
- Duration: 10 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active; this trip involves walking on uneven terrain and embarking and disembarking ships
- Cost: From $5,195 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: From $6,000 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $800 per person, payable to Thomas P. Gohagan & Company
- Co-Sponsors: Various institutions
- Optional Extensions: An optional three-day pre-tour extension to Lisbon and a three-day post-tour are available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.