Join Smith Travel for this spectacular 14-day journey featuring a nine-night exclusively chartered cruise to Antarctica, Earth’s last frontier. Cruise aboard the intimate M.S. Le Boréal, one of the finest vessels in Antarctic waters. Experience “The White Continent” in its unspoiled state—fantastically shaped icebergs, turquoise glaciers, bustling penguin rookeries and breaching whales—during the lingering light of the austral summer. Accompanied by the ship’s expert expedition team of naturalists, board sturdy Zodiac watercraft for excursions ashore and observe the playful antics of this region’s abundant wildlife and pristine wilderness.
Download the full trip brochure
- Spend two nights in Buenos Aires, including a tour of Argentina’s vibrant capital city
- Tour the popular neighborhoods of Palermo, Monserrat, La Boca, Puerto Madero and San Telmo, and visit the historic Recoleta Cemetery
- Cruise for nine nights round-trip beginning in Ushuaia, Argentina and cruising to Antarctica’s Port Lockroy, Petermann Island, Lemaire Channel, Neko Harbor, Paradise Bay, Deception Island and Half Moon Island, weather, ice and sea conditions permitting
- Learn from an onboard expedition team of naturalists who will provide a series of lectures about local wildlife and topography
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be confirmed
- Duration: 14 days
- Activity Level: Very active; while ashore in Antarctica, the terrain is rugged, and therefore, a fair amount of walking on uneven and/or slippery terrain is to be expected. This is an expedition-type cruise involving shore landings by Zodiac inflatable landing crafts. Passengers must be able to negotiate a steep gangway and get in and out of the Zodiac inflatable landing crafts with minimal assistance.
- Cost: From $9,995 per person, based on double occupancy; price includes an early booking discount of $1,000 per person when booked by June 22, 2018.
- Single Supplement: From $9,900 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $800 per person, payable to Thomas P. Gohagan & Company
- Co-Sponsors: Harvard, National Trust for Historic Preservation, The Smithsonian Institution, UCLA, and Williams College
- Optional Extensions: A three-night post-tour extension to Iguazú Falls is available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.