From the underwater jewels of the Great Barrier Reef to the soaring peaks of Mount Cook, the natural riches found in the lands Down Under are unrivaled. Australia and New Zealand offer a wealth of scenic wonders as well as cultural diversity, ranging from the fascinating history of their indigenous peoples to the glittering contemporary skylines of Sydney and Auckland. This exclusive tour for only 24 Smith travelers allows you to move flexibly during guided tours and free time, enjoy spontaneous encounters and foster a sense of camaraderie. During this spectacular 23-day journey, you will fully explore Cairns, Alice Springs and Sydney in Australia before flying to New Zealand to discover the vibrant cities of Christchurch, Queenstown and Auckland.
*Please call Smith Travel for details regarding the date change at (800) 225-2059*
Download the full trip brochure
- Enjoy a daylong excursion to the Great Barrier Reef, one of nature’s greatest wonders
- View the sunset at Ayers Rock and learn about aboriginal traditions on the World Heritage site of Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park
- Cruise around Sydney Harbor after visits to the Royal Botanic Gardens, Darling Harbour and Bondi Beach
- Experience the geothermal features of Rotorua in New Zealand and learn about the way of life for the Maori people
- Marvel at the spectacular mountainous fjords of Milford Sound during a scenic cruise
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be determined
- Duration: 23 Days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $9,257 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $2,195 per person
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Odysseys Unlimited, Inc.
- On-tour Air: Round-trip air is included from Los Angeles; prices for other departure are available
- Co-Sponsors: This is a Smith-only departure
- Optional Extensions: A three-day post-tour extension to Auckland is available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.