Join us for this unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the rich local culture and rhythms of daily life in Cuba. Our program has been designed to unravel the richness of Cuban culture and allow the group to meet local residents and professionals from all walks of contemporary Cuban life while exploring local landmarks that are significant to Cuba’s heritage. Explore Havana, a treasure trove of churches, palaces, citadels and mansions wedged along narrow streets or looming over palm-fringed plazas. Enjoy a full day trip to Matanzas to experience the rich cultural history of this city known as the “Athens of Cuba,” before heading east to spend two days exploring Cienfuegos and Trinidad. The entire city of Trinidad with its fine palaces, cobbled streets and tiled roofs is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is considered by many as the crown jewel of Cuba.
Download the full trip brochure
- Spend five days exploring Havana, the most splendid and finest example of a Spanish colonial city in the Americas
- Visit Ernest Hemingway’s home, which has been lovingly preserved by the Cuban government and is just as Hemingway left it
- Enjoy a full day trip to Matanzas to experience the rich cultural history of this city known as the “Athens of Cuba”
Smith Faculty SpeakerDana Leibsohn, Priscilla Paine van der Poel Professor, Art History
- Duration: 8 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: $4,920 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $760 per person
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Distant Horizons
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.