Travel from Reykjavik at one end of Iceland to Akureyri in the far north on this exciting 11-day adventure. Step away into another world that blends ancient history with all the luxuries of contemporary travel. Legends say that Reykjavík was discovered with the help of the ancient gods and named for the geothermal steam that now heats many homes, swimming pools and greenhouses. Experience the essence of Iceland as you gaze upon geysers, watch for birds on a scenic coastal cruise and peer into the icy depths of the Kerid volcanic crater. Take advantage of the extraordinary menus containing the morning’s catch, highland lamb, and unusual varieties of game served with great imagination. Even the most discerning diners will be delighted! Take part in optional excursions to enjoy whale watching, horseback riding, lava field sightseeing, and more. You might be fortunate enough to spot an elf amid the lava fields!
Download the full trip brochure
- Tour the incredible Snaefellsnes Peninsula, with its gorgeous rock formations and waterfalls.
- Walk through Lake Myvatn’s mud flats, lava fields and volcanic craters.
- Explore Glacial River Canyon National Park and Thingvellir National Park for some
- Experience sophisticated Reykyavik, a cosmopolitan city with many impressive sights.
- Lodging in well-located, atmospheric small hotels
Smith Faculty SpeakerJohn Brady, Mary Elizabeth Moses Professor of Geosciences
View Smith Faculty Speaker Profile
- Duration: 11 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: $6,297 per person, based on double occupancy,
- Single Supplement: $1,395 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Odysseys Unlimited Inc.
- On-tour Air: Roundtrip airfare is included from Boston, New York or Washington, D.C.; prices for other departures are available
- Co-Sponsors: This is a Smith-only departure.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.