Amid enchanting orchards, vineyards, villages, and especially in the kitchens of skilled chefs, let the combination of culture and cuisine reveal an authentic and joyful portrait of Provence. During this small-group journey, devote yourself to joie de vivre, love of learning and employing all of your senses in enjoying such local specialties as artisan cheeses, olive oils, verdant local vegetables, delicate baked goods, confections, sumptuous wines and much more. Learn from a two Michelin-starred chef in the kitchens of a Relais & Châteaux property. Visit extraordinary perched villages and local markets, and historic gems, including the Roman aqueduct Pont du Gard, hilltop fortifications dating back as far as 6,000 BC, Avignon’s Palace of the Popes and important places from the life and work of Van Gogh and Cézanne. Accommodations in award-winning Domaine de Capelongue infuse the journey with warm hospitality and elegance, and all meals are included. Santé!
Download the full trip brochure
- Enjoy seven nights at a luxurious, family owned property overlooking the ancient Provençal hill village of Bonnieux.
- Learn tricks, techniques and culinary philosophies during private lessons in the kitchen of Michelin-rated chef Édouard Loubet
- Join locals to peruse markets in Aix-en-Provence and Lourmarin, and taste wines of the Côte du Rhône.
Smith Faculty SpeakerMartine Gantrel-Ford, professor of French
- Duration: 9 days
- Activity Level: Moderate
- Cost: $4,595 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $1,800 per person
- Deposit: $850, payable to Orbridge
- Optional Extensions: Optional 4-day extension to Paris is available, including a privately escorted train ride on the high-speed TGV from Avignon
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.