Join fellow alumnae and friends on this five-day escape to the Land of Fire and Ice. Immerse yourself in the Iceland’s rich culture and Viking heritage beginning with two nights in the bustling capital city, Reykjavík, followed by two nights exploring the vast countryside.
Our Smith host and speaker for this program will be Dano Weisbord, Executive Director of Sustainability and Campus Planning at Smith College, who currently serves as the Administrative Director of the Center for Environment, Ecological Design and Sustainability (CEEDS). CEEDS fosters learning through connecting real-world problems to research, curriculum, internships, and campus life.
Iceland is a country of contradictions, where the Northern Lights prance through the dark winter skies, and the long summer days extend well into the stunningly bright evenings. From steamy hot springs to top-notch spas, spectacular scenery to fine regional cuisine, this unique land is the perfect place to relax, recharge, and explore. Enroll early while spaces remain!
Download the full trip brochure
- Explore Reykjavík for two days with visits to Old Town; Höfði House, Hallgrimskirkja (Hallgrim’s church); Harpa concert hall and much more
- View the impressive rock formations of Dyrhólaey and Reynisdrangar in Vík
- Savor regional delights and a traditional Icelandic lobster feast while in Stokkseyri
- Spend the afternoon soaking in the natural hot spring waters at the Krauma Geothermal Spa
- Tour in and around the beautiful Snaefellsness peninsula, exploring the amazing birdlife, lush lava fields, and small villages nearby
Smith SpeakerDano Weisbord, Executive Director of Sustainability and Campus Planning at Smith College
- Duration: 5 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active. Walking on uneven ground due to the lava fields that scatter the land. Ice and snow covered grounds are to be expected. Appropriate winter footwear is necessary. Please contact tour operator for more details.
- Cost: $3,230 per person, based on double occupancy, air inclusive from Boston or New York.
- Single Supplement: $600 per person
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Discover Europe, Ltd.
- On-tour Air: Roundtrip airfare is included from Boston, New York; prices for other departures are available
- Co-Sponsors: This is a Smith-only departure.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.