Across the length and breadth of Scotland and Norway lies an unsurpassed richness of archaeological heritage left from the age of the Vikings and before, where ancient stone monuments and castles present an enigmatic and imposing face to he world. Explore this fascinating land of ruins and castles, Viking and Celtic clans, and the spectacular natural features of misty isles, wild glens, lochs and moors. Hear Gaelic still spoken in the Highlands, where the history of the people that lived here for centuries cries out from the heather-covered hillsides. Experience the seldom-visited gems of the North Atlantic on a journey to the distant and mysterious islands along the idyllic seascapes and splendid coastlines of Scotland, Norway and Denmark.
Download the full trip brochure
- Marvel at the astonishing 5000-year-old Callanish Standing Stones, which are considerably older than Stonehenge
- Cruise through some of Scandinavia's coastal wonders - waterways, islands and Norwegian fjords
- Tour an iconic medieval castle on the majestic and tranquil Isle of Skye
Smith Faculty SpeakerCraig Davis, Ph.D., Professor of English Language and Literature
- Duration: 9 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $3,995 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: From $4,700 per person
- Deposit: $800 per person, payable to Thomas P. Gohagan & Company
- Optional Extensions: A pre-tour extension to Edinburgh and Glasgow and a post-tour extension to to Copenhagen are available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.