Join us on this amazing journey into the interior of the Last Frontier, a wildlife lover’s paradise. Explore iconic national parks and connect with nature through guided forays by foot, canoe or kayak—all at your own pace! During our backcountry explorations, scan for grizzlies, moose, caribou, wolves and more. Glide along Alaska’s stunning seacoast, getting the special chance to view humpback and orca whales, sea lions, sea otters, puffins and a wide variety of sea birds. In addition to learning about Alaska’s natural wonders, including unique flora and fauna, this trip also aims to provide a deeper understanding of Alaska’s rich native culture and history. The only experience necessary for this adventure is a spirit of adventure. With space for just 16 travelers—or fewer—we anticipate this trip will sell out quickly. Enroll today!
Download the full trip brochure
- Explore the spectacular Denali and Kenai Fjords national parks
- Experience the scenic beauty of Talkeetna, a mountain town rich in gold-mining history
- Visit the Alaska SeaLife Center, a marine wildlife and maritime museum
- Get up-close views of the massive Exit Glacier on a guided hike
- Board the historic Alaska Railway for a scenic rail tour to Anchorage
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be confirmed
- Duration: 9 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active. There are more casual and more challenging options available for all guided activities. At a minimum, guests should feel comfortable hiking 1–2 miles roundtrip, with frequent rest breaks. All activities are crafted for beginners; no experience or special gear is required.
- Cost: From $5,825 per person, based on double occupancy; Triple and quad occupancy is available starting at $5,725 per person
- Single Supplement: From $200 per person
- Deposit: $1,000 per person, payable to Alaska Wildland Adventures
- Co-Sponsors: This is a Smith-only departure.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.