Download the full trip brochure
- Explore Takayama’s San-machi-suji district’s small inns, teahouses, temples and sake breweries, some of which have operated for centuries
- Savor the sights at the Miyagawa Morning Market, with stalls selling everything form fruits to flowers, fish and crafts
- Tour the UNESCO World Heritage site of Shirakawago and visit the Miboro Dam, Japan’s first and largest dam constructed using rock-fill technology
- Bicycle through Kyoto Imperial Park and Nishiki Market
Smith Faculty SpeakerTom Rohlich, Professor Emeritus of East Asian Languages and Literature
- Duration: 12 days
- Activity Level: Moderately Active
- Cost: From $4,991 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: To be confirmed
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Odysseys Unlimited, Inc.
- On-tour Air: Roundtrip airfare is included from Los Angeles or San Francisco; prices for other departures are available
- Co-Sponsors: This is a Smith-only departure.
- Optional Extensions: An optional three day post-tour extension to Hiroshima: City of Peace is available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.