Join fellow alumnae in this exciting, first-ever Smith Travel trip to Iran on a remarkable and eye-opening journey. Explore a country that has witnessed more than ten thousand years of history, amid a landscape of magnificent natural beauty and architectural splendor. It is also a land where the teachings of great mystics, philosophers and poets alike are treasured and have influenced the world. From touring the capital city of Tehran to visiting ancient settlements in desert towns, this unprecedented 12-day trip takes you from museums to mountains, and from the everyday pleasure of a bustling bazaar to majestic mosques and important historical sites, including Mashad, home of the massive shrine of Imam Reza, which 20 million pilgrims visit each year.
Download the full trip brochure
- See the Golestan Palace, the former residence of the 19th-century Qajar Kings of Iran and the city’s famous National Jewelry Treasury
- Tour the National Museum for an in-depth look at Iran’s history
- Visit Kashan, home to a historic bazaar and beautiful Fin Garden
- Explore the ancient city of Yazd, concluding the day with a dance and drumming performance
- Experience Esfahan, which many claim to be the most beautiful city in the Islamic world, filled with exquisite blue-tiled mosques, fountains and bridges
Smith Faculty SpeakerScott Bradbury, professor of classical languages and literatures
- Duration: 12 days
- Activity Level: Moderately Active
- Cost: $6,980 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $895 per person
- Deposit: $750 per person, payable to Authentic Asia Tours and Travel
- Co-Sponsors: This is a Smith-only departure.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.