Start your small-group expedition to the Holy Land in the arts-and-culture capital of Tel Aviv, where you’ll tour Bauhaus architecture in the White City district, now a UNESCO site. In the port of Jaffa, scour the flea market and Artists’ Quarter, before following the coast to Roman ruins at Caesarea and the artists’ village of Ein Hod. Biblical sites on the itinerary include Tiberias on the Sea of Galilee, the Mount of Beatitudes and Nazareth. In Jerusalem, visit the Holocaust Memorial, Old City, Western Wall and the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. Marvel at the Qumran Caves, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found, one of the most significant archeological discoveries of the 20th century.
Download the full trip brochure
- Overnight stay on a kibbutz
- Five nights at Jerusalem’s legendary King David Hotel
- Cooking class and wine tasting in Ein Karem, the Jerusalem neighborhood where John the Baptist was born
Smith Faculty SpeakerJustin Cammy, Associate Professor of Jewish Studies and Comparative Literature, and former director of the Program in Middle East Studies at Smith College
- Duration: 12 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $5,884 per person, based on double occupancy, including air from Boston or New York
- Single Supplement: $1,695 per person
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Odysseys Unlimited
- Optional Extensions: A post-tour extension to Jordan’s Petra and Amman is available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.