Download the full trip brochure
- Discover the world of kabuki during a private demonstration in Tokyo
- View beautiful Japanese landscapes at their springtime peak, including a magical bamboo forest, richly textured moss garden and a breathtaking dry Zen rock garden
- Visit Gion, Kyoto’s exclusive geisha district, and learn about the life and training of a geisha
- Enjoy a Japanese tea ceremony and performances of the classical dance-drama known as kabuki and bugaku, a traditional dance marked by regal movements
- Ride Japan’s high-speed rail (the shinkansen, or “bullet train”)
Smith Faculty SpeakerTom Rohlich, Professor Emeritus of East Asian Languages and Literatures
View Smith Faculty Speaker Profile
- Duration: 14 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active; see brochure for more details
- Cost: From $9,990 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $7,000 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $1,000 per person, payable to Criterion Travel
- Co-Sponsors: Archaeological Institute of America, MIT, Harvard, Yale and the National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Optional Extensions: An optional six-day pre-tour extension to Kii Peninsula and Iya Valley, and an optional four-day post-tour extension to Kamakura and Hakone are available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.