Download the full trip brochure
- Enjoy the breathtaking skyline views at the Tokyo City Observatory
- Walk through the Akihabara also known as “Electric Town” and explore the manga (Japanese comic) market
- Visit the Tokyo National Museum, established in 1872 and one of the largest museums in the world
- Embark on a boat ride on Lake Ashi with an iconic view of Mt. Fuji which will stay with you as a souvenir of this experience
- Tour Kinkakuji Temple, the Golden Pavilion, an exquisite pavilion surrounded by a beautiful pond
- Visit Nijo Castle, built for the first Shogun in 1603, where "The Last Samurai" was filmed
Smith Faculty SpeakerFloyd Cheung, Professor of English Language & Literature and American Studies
View Smith Faculty Speaker Profile
- Duration: 9 days
- Activity Level: Very active; There will be a lot of walking on this trip and stairs to climb up into shrines, as well as a half day of hiking in the Hakone area.
- Cost: $4,995 per person, double occupancy; Children 17 & under: $4,695 per person, double occupancy; Receive an early booking discount of $100 per person when booked before December 31, 2017
- Single Supplement: $1,155 per person
- Deposit: $700 per person, payable to Asia Sublime Travel, Inc.
- Co-Sponsors: Dartmouth Alumni Travel
- Optional Extensions: A four-day post-tour extension is available to Nara, Hiroshima and Kobe is available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.