Discover Vietnam’s natural beauty, abiding tradition, and profoundly hospitable people on this comprehensive 17-day journey. With a small group limited to 24 travelers, encounter the country’s highlights and spend two days in the beautiful, remote Mekong Delta. Begin with the sights of French-accented Hanoi, a traditional water puppet performance, and a taste of local life at a lively market. Take a village cycling tour, dine in a family’s home, and meet painters working in an artists’ community. The next destination is breathtaking Ha Long Bay, where a boat tour wends through this fairytale waterscape, with stops to explore on foot. A walking tour of a farming settlement reveals daily life up close including a cooking lesson with the locals. Journey next to ancient Hue, once home to emperors and mandarins, where exploration of the vast Imperial Citadel – a UNESCO site – and a traditional cyclo ride await. Traveling to Can Tho in southern Vietnam, experience river life by sampan, exploring the storied Mekong Delta’s tributaries and Cai Rang’s bustling floating vegetable market. Conclude your journey in vibrant Saigon where touring includes the Reunification Palace, the History Museum, and the notorious Cu Chi Tunnels.
Download the full trip brochure
- Embark on an orientation tour of Hanoi to include Hoan Keim Lake; Temple of Literature—Vietnam’s first university; Hoa Lo Prison; and the Ancient Quarter also known as the “36 Streets District”
- Enjoy lectures by Brent Durbin, associate professor of Government, who teaches courses in foreign policy and military conflict, among others
- Travel to Da Nang for a three-night stay at a beachside resort and tour the acclaimed Cham Museum
- Visit nearby Hoi An and its Old Town, a UNESCO site and charming pedestrian zone
- Cruise the Perfume River to peaceful Thien Mu Pagoda, an important Buddhist monastery
- Visit farming and fishing settlements that populate the maze of tributaries and inlets along the Mekong Delta
Smith SpeakerBrent Durbin, associate professor of Government
- Duration: 17 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active.
- Cost: From $4,287 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $1,495 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Odysseys Unlimited, Inc.
- On-tour Air: Round-trip airfare is included from Los Angeles, New York, or San Francisco; prices for other departures are available
- Co-Sponsors: This is a Smith-only departure
- Optional Extensions: An optional three-day post-tour extension to Cambodia is available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.