Join us on a special 16-day journey to a land of breathtaking natural beauty, abiding tradition, and profoundly hospitable people, rewards abound for the thoughtful traveler. Begin in the French-influenced capital of Hanoi, touring historical sites and sampling local cuisine. Take a full-day excursion to beautiful Ha Long Bay, where you will enjoy fairytale landscapes and a tranquil boat ride. Fly south to Da Nang and tour the acclaimed Cham Museum. Then, travel to the ancient imperial capital of Hue and cruise the Perfume River to peaceful Thien Mu Pagoda. After two days of exploring the vibrant Mekong River Delta, the river life experience will leave an indelible impression. Conclude your journey in spirited Saigon (also known as Ho Chi Minh City). In our flexible and congenial small group we will encounter rewards aplenty on this comprehensive journey featuring all the highlights plus the beautiful, remote Mekong Delta.
Download the full trip brochure
- Tour Ba Dinh Square, the Presidential Palace, the granite mausoleum of Ho Chi Minh and the thousand-year-old One Pillar Pagoda
- Enjoy a full day excursion to Ha Long Bay including a boat ride and seafood lunch
- Appreciate the antiquities of Dan Nang with a tour of Cham Museum, housing artifacts dating from the 7th to 15th centuries, followed by a visit to Hoi An, a colorful village where many ancient traditions still hold sway
- Spend the day in the ancient imperial capital of Hue and visit the Imperial Citadel and the Central Market
- Journey by boat to the floating market at Cai Rang and the Mekong’s lower reaches to spend a leisure afternoon exploring Can Tho and the Mekong Delta
- Experience river life on the upper reaches of the storied Mekong in Saigon, and attend a traditional water puppet performance
Smith Faculty SpeakerCharles P. Staelin, professor of Economics
View Smith Faculty Speaker Profile
- Duration: 16 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: $4,057 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $1,595 per person
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Odysseys Unlimited, Inc.
- On-tour Air: Round-trip air is included from Los Angeles or San Francisco; prices for other departures are available
- Optional Extensions: An optional three day post-tour extension to Cambodia: Angkor Wat is available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.