Board the National Geographic Explorer for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure to the White Continent. Explore the Antarctic in comfort under the sure guidance of an expedition leader, eight naturalists, two photographers and an undersea specialist. Enjoy breathtaking views of immense tabular icebergs, sculptural icebergs floating in pools of turquoise meltwater, mountains rising 9,000 feet out of the sea and the majestic Lemaire Channel. See penguins, leopard seals and a wide variety of marine mammals. Kayak along peaceful coves and use Zodiacs to get up close to icebergs.
Download the full trip brochure
- Get valuable lessons and tips on Antarctic photography from a National Geographic photographer and photo instructor
- Access specialized equipment, including a crow’s nest camera, video microscope and underwater microphone (hydrophone)
- Explore seldom-seen depths of the Antarctic Ocean via a remotely operated vehicle
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be determined
- Duration: 13 days
- Activity Level: To be determined
- Cost: From $12,970 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: From $4,460 per person
- Deposit: $1,000 per person, payable to Lindblad Maritime Enterprises Ltd.
- Optional Extensions: Post-trip extensions to Buenos Aires (two days), Easter Island (four days) and Iguazú Falls (three days) are available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.