Based on a concept of family-oriented educational travel that has been tested and refined for more than 25 years, this program brings parents and children, grandparents and grandchildren together on a voyage that combines a serious exploration of the world of the ancients with the sheer joy of cruising the Aegean Sea. Set sail from the island of Lesbos aboard the 50-guest Artemis and call first at the stunning site of Ephesus. Explore the fortified town of Rhodes, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and wander through Crete’s Minoan Palace of Knossos, home to the labyrinth of the legendary Minotaur. On the cliffs of Santorini, examine artifacts from Akrotiri, an ancient town buried and preserved by the pumice and ash of a volcanic eruption. Discover Olympia, birthplace of the ancient Olympic Games, and end in Athens, the center of classical Greek culture. Young explorers organize their own competition at Olympia, hike to the top of the volcano in Santorini and engage in a treasure hunt through Athens.
Download the full trip brochure
- Children ages 7–18 get to engage in the Young Explorers Program, a series of educational and recreational activites led by youth education counselors
- Visit famous archeological sites uncovering some of the most important prehistoric history influencing Greek culture
- Enjoy plenty of opportunities to relax on gorgeous white-sand beaches and swim in the crystal-clear sea.
Smith Faculty SpeakerScott Bradbury, professor of classical languages and literature
- Duration: 11 days
- Activity Level: Active, for both adults and children
- Cost: From $7,395 per person, based on double occupancy. From $5,595 per child.
- Single Supplement: From $4,000 per person
- Deposit: $1,500 per person, payable to Travel Dynamic International
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.