This Turkish adventure uniquely combines Europe and Asia, ancient and contemporary, along with the urbanity of Istanbul and the quiet solitude of the Turquoise Coast. Begin in Istanbul with visits to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace, once the home of Ottoman sultans. After a stop at Gallipoli, the haunting World War I battlefield, step into the ancient past to the Greco-Roman cities of Troy and Pergamum, and spend a day at Ephesus, trade center of the ancient world. Spend four days on a Turkish gulet or wooden, handcrafted sailing yacht, as you swim, snorkel and hike the coves of Turkey’s Turquoise Coast, visiting remote sites like the Sunken Baths of Cleopatra. The trip continues to Antalya, a cliff-side resort with an acclaimed archaeological museum, and concludes in the ancient Greek city of Perga, which boasts an acropolis dating back to the Bronze Age, approximately 3200 B.C.
Download the full trip brochure
- Private cruise on the Bosphorus
- Four-night “Blue Voyage” to secluded fishing villages and coves
- Greco-Roman acropolis at Pergamum and 25,000-seat amphitheatre at Ephesus
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be determined
- Duration: 15 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $4,692 per person, based on double occupancy, including air from New York
- Single Supplement: $4,692 per person
- Deposit: $995 per person, payable to Odysseys Unlimited
- Optional Extensions: A post-tour extension to Cappadocia and Ankara is available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.