Embark on an exciting 15-day tour with an exclusive group of 20 travelers to experience two of South America’s greatest treasures: the enigmatic ruins at Machu Picchu and the fascinating Galapagos Islands. Spend a full day in Lima, including a visit to the Larco Herrera Museum, then fly to Cuzco to tour the Sacred Valley, home to the Incas. A captivating train ride delivers you to Machu Picchu, where your overnight stay at the onsite Belmond Sanctuary Lodge affords virtually private access to the ruins. In the Galapagos, explore North Seymour, South Plaza and Santa Cruz islands. Conclude your journey in Quito, Ecuador. John Brady, Mary Elizabeth Moses Professor of Geosciences at Smith, offers educational insights throughout this fascinating journey.
Download the full trip brochure
- Enjoy superior accommodations and meals
- Stop at the important Incan site of Koricancha, dedicated to the sun god
- Take an awe-inspiring guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Learn about the equator at the Intiñan Museum in Quito
- Discover more details about Darwin’s extensive research on the islands that contributed to his theory of evolution
Smith Faculty SpeakerJohn Brady, Mary Elizabeth Moses Professor of Geosciences
- Duration: 15 days
- Activity Level: Moderate, with a fair amount of walking on varying terrains
- Cost: From $7,593 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: From $2,395 per person
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Odysseys Unlimited, Inc.
- On-tour Air: Round-trip air is included from Miami; prices for other departures are available
- Co-Sponsors: This is a Smith-only departure
- Optional Extensions: An optional four-day pre-tour extension to the Amazon Rainforest is available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.