Join us for a dynamic 15-day tour and cruise to experience two of South America’s greatest treasures: Ecuador’s Galapagos Islands, called a “living laboratory” by Charles Darwin, and the Inca ruins of Machu Picchu. Your tour begins with a full day in Lima, including a visit to the Larco Herrera Museum. Next, fly to Cuzco, the archaeological hub of the Americas and South America’s oldest continuously inhabited city. Acclimate to the high altitude while touring the beautiful Sacred Valley. A thrilling train ride delivers you to Machu Picchu; your overnight stay at the Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge affords virtually private access to the ruins. As we make our way to the Galapagos Islands aboard the Santa Fe, you’ll have opportunities to get up close to Galapagos wildlife on guided nature walks and while swimming and snorkeling. Conclude your journey back in Quito for a farewell dinner at a local restaurant.
Download the full trip brochure
- Travel to Cuzco and stop at the important Incan site of Koricancha
- Visit the ruins of Sacsayhuaman, an Inca masterpiece, and enjoy lunch in the home of a gracious Cuzco family
- Fly to Quito and take a city tour that includes the Intinan Museum, and the Middle of the World Monument
- Embark on several excursions via the Santa Fe, your privately chartered yacht and explore North Seymour and South Plaza Islands
Smith Faculty SpeakerRobert B. Merritt, professor of Biological Sciences
- Duration: 15 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $7,893 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $2,495 per person
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Odysseys Unlimited, Inc.
- On-tour Air: Roundtrip airfare is included from Miami; prices for other departures are available
- Optional Extensions: A four-night pre-program extension to the Amazon Rainforest is available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.