Discover both sides of Morocco as you travel to the bustling cities of Rabat, Fez and Marrakech with their spirited souks (open-air markets) then on to the natural wonders of the Atlas Mountains and Sahara Desert. Begin your journey in the port city of Rabat (chosen by CNN as one of the top travel destinations of 2013), and explore the mosaics at the exceptional Roman ruins of Volubilis. From the village of Merzoug in the Sahara Desert, take a camel ride into the sand dunes at sunset. From the desert, trek to the snow-topped High Atlas Mountains and the 984-foot Todra Gorge, then follow an ancient caravan road to the fortified tribal village of Ait-ben-Haddou in southern Morocco. Your adventure will conclude with a walking tour of the medina (historic city center) of Marrakech and a visit to the legendary, cosmopolitan city of Casablanca.
Download the full trip brochure
- Five UNESCO World Heritage sites
- The “Route of a Thousand Kasbahs,” or citadels
- Tea with a Berber family in their cave dwelling near Fez
Smith Faculty SpeakerIbtissam Bouachrine, Director of the Middle East Studies program, and associate professor of Spanish and Portuguese
- Duration: 14 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $4,729 per person, based on double occupancy, including air from New York
- Single Supplement: $1,395 per person
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Odysseys Unlimited
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.