Travel overland to Casablanca for lunch at Rick’s Café and a visit to the Hassan II Mosque before embarking Sea Cloud II and setting sail along the coast of Morocco. Then cruise alongside the legendary Sea Cloud, with wonderful photo opportunities of these two landmark vessels sailing in tandem, to the Canary Islands, an archipelago of seven large and several smaller islands, all of volcanic origin. Discover dramatic lunar landscapes created by centuries of volcanic activity on Lanzarote, and visit the open-air sculptures of renowned local artist Cesar Manrique. On Tenerife, explore beautifully preserved medieval towns or visit one of the planet’s most important astronomical observatories, Izaña.
Download the full trip brochure
- Choose amongst the optional activities, which include a Moroccan cuisine lesson at La Maison Arabe, visits to philanthropy projects, a traditional Moroccan steam bath (“hammam”) at the Medina’s premier spa, and perfume making with a top garden designer & botanist.
- Soak up the unforgettable atmosphere of a 1,001 Nights Gala Dinner in a deluxe private tented camp set amid date palms, with Oriental carpets, folkloric performances by torchlight, a bonfire, and a 10-horsemen fantasia.
- Discover dramatic lunar landscapes created by centuries of volcanic activity and visit beautifully preserved medieval towns in Spain’s Canary Islands
- Visit one of the planet’s most important astronomical observatories on the island of Tenerife
- Benefit from an itinerary specially designed to maximize opportunities for cruising under sail, made even more exhilarating by sailing alongside sister ship Sea Cloud
Smith Faculty SpeakerGregory White, Mary Huggins Gamble Professor of Government
View Smith Faculty Speaker Profile
- Duration: 12 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active; Navigating uneven terrain, walking on cobblestone pavement in small towns, and standing for up to two hours in museums or other sites are the most strenuous activities. Some locations may have stairs without handrails. In addition, travelers must be able to board the ship via a metal gangplank with metal handrails.
- Cost: From $6,995 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: From $3,500 per person
- Deposit: $1,000 per person, payable to Criterion Travel
- Co-Sponsors: Princeton University, Harvard University, Yale University, and the National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Optional Extensions: An optional four-night pre-tour extension to Fes, Chefchaouen, and Rabat is available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.