Mystical and spiritual, chaotic and confounding, India abounds with riches that invite your personal exploration. This small group tour, limited to just 24 guests, provides an opportunity to stay at excellent hotels and travel the classic Golden Triangle: bustling Delhi; stunning Jaipur, and Agra, home of the sublime Taj Mahal. Start the 18-day journey touring both the lively Old and New Delhi. Continue to Jaipur, one of the great cities of the Rajput known for its pink sandstone buildings, where you will enjoy a home-hosted dinner with a multigenerational Rajasthan family. Spend two nights at Ranthambore Tiger Reserve and search for elusive Bengal tigers and other wildlife at Ranthambore National Park, once a royal hunting ground. Embark on an afternoon camel safari in Kalakho to meet the Meena tribespeople in their homes. Travel to Agra to visit the awe-inspiring Taj Mahal and Agra Fort. Visit the evocative Hindu temples at Khajuraho. An optional 5-day/4-night post-tour extension to Mumbai is also available.
Download the full trip brochure
- Visit Delhi's 16th-century Humayun's Tomb, Jama Masjid marble mosque and a Sikh temple
- Tour the fascinating Amber Fort, the City Palace Museum and the village of Sanganer
- Marvel at the temples in Khajuraho dating back to the 10th century
- Witness pilgrims perform their rituals along the ghats (steps) leading to the Ganges River in the holy city of Varanasi
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be determined
- Duration: 18 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: From $5,003 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $1,295 per person
- Deposit: $500 per person, payable to Odysseys Unlimited Inc.
- On-tour Air: Round-trip air is included from several departure cities
- Optional Extensions: A post-tour extension to Mumbai is available
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.