Quintessential hallmarks of the American West are the cornerstones of this extraordinary expedition, like the volcanic caldera of Yellowstone National Park and bison herds roaming Custer State Park. History meets natural, majestic splendor, as an Orbridge Expedition Leader guides you through four of America’s most magnificent national parks. Experience an authentic chuck-wagon cookout, and visit South Dakota’s Mount Rushmore and the Crazy Horse Memorial. See the world’s largest wooly mammoth dig, where scientists are actively excavating the remains of 26,000 year-old mammoths. Geothermal wonders at Yellowstone include Old Faithful and the bubbling, colorful mud pots of the Fountain Paint Pot. Throughout the trip you’ll stay in extraordinary historic lodges—destinations in themselves—that truly define the notion of rustic luxury.
Download the full trip brochure
- The world’s largest wooly mammoth excavation in Hot Springs, South Dakota
- Mount Rushmore
- Historic lodges including the Game Lodge in Custer State Park; Spearfish Canyon Lodge in South Dakota; Lake Yellowstone Hotel; and Old Faithful Inn, built in 1904
Smith Faculty SpeakerTo be determined
- Duration: 10 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active
- Cost: $3,695 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $1,100 per person
- Deposit: $850 per person, payable to Orbridge
- Co-Sponsors: Cornell University
- Optional Extensions: A post-tour extension to Jackson Hole is available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.