With the recent opening of two world-class art museums, northern France sparkles with cultural energy and has become a must-see destination for art lovers around the world. In the old mining city of Lens, the spectacular Louvre Lens is an architectural gem that displays treasures and masterpieces from its parent collection in Paris. Not far away, the blue-collar city of Metz has been transformed by the beautiful Centre Pompidou Metz, which has quickly become one of Europe’s leading contemporary museums. In many ways, Lens and Metz are the “Bilbaos” of the 21st century, attracting countless visitors per year to these hitherto unknown cities. This custom-designed journey also features the great historic market city of Lille, the lovely Champagne region and two days in magical Paris, discovering the City of Light’s cultural treasures, including the newly reopened Musée d’Orsay and the Picasso Museum. Jessica Nicoll, longtime director of the Smith College Museum of Art, lends her insights to this discovery of hidden artistic gems. Enjoy elegant deluxe accommodations and memorable regional cuisine at renowned local restaurants.
Download the full trip brochure
- Visit the towering cathedral of Reims and enjoy a guided tour and tasting in one of the city’s renowned champagne houses
- Stroll through the charming city of Metz, stopping at the Saint Etienne cathedral to admire the world’s biggest expanse of stained glass windows
- See the largest collection of works by Pablo Picasso
Smith SpeakerJessica Nicoll, director of the Smith College Museum of Art
- Duration: 10 days
- Activity Level: Moderate
- Cost: $5,695 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $1,195 per person
- Deposit: $1,000 per person, payable to International Seminar Design Inc.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.