Set sail on one of our most popular departures for a 14-day exploration of the lush green islands of New Zealand, sometimes referred to as “God’s own country”. Soak up the dramatic setting of Queenstown during a two-night stay, then cruise for nine nights all the way from Milford Sound to Auckland, avoiding internal flights. Board the intimate Caledonian Sky and explore New Zealand’s islands, fjords, and craggy coastline. Call at hidden gems that larger ships miss, including Steward Island and Rotura. Smith alumnae will enjoy a series of lectures from Mark Van Baalen, Associate Professor at Harvard University; Neville Peat, award winning New Zealand writer and adventurer; and Peter Hillary, son of Sir Edmund Hillary (the first man to reach the summit of Mount Everest with climbing partner Tenzing Norgay in 1953). Peter is the first second-generation to climb Mt. Everest, and has climbed the Seven Summits expeditions around the world. In the untamed wilderness of New Zealand, observe some of the planet’s rarest animal and plant species, many of which are found nowhere else on Earth. Enroll early to take advantage of our special discount of $3,000 per person, and no single supplement!
Download the full trip brochure
- Experience Tororua’s array of geothermal features- volcanic crater lakes, spouting geysers, bubbling mud pools, and hissing fumaroles
- Commune with Maori elders in their village and be treated to a private welcome ceremony, tribal dances, and a traditional hangi lunch
- Stroll through the beginning of the famed Queen Charlotte Track for unsurpassed views of Marlborough Sounds
- Observe some of the world’s rarest wildlife in their natural settings
SpeakersMultiple speakers; Please see brochure for full list of guest lecturers
- Duration: 14 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active; up to 2 miles of walking often over uneven terrain, or where stairs are unavailable or do not have handrails. Participants will need to climb into and out of Zodiacs for some shore excursions.
- Cost: From $6,990 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement: Waived for categories B and C. (Limited availability)
- Deposit: $1,000 per person, payable to Criterion Travel
- Co-Sponsors: Commonwealth Club of California, Harvard University, National Trust for Historic Preservation, World Affairs Council
- Optional Extensions: An optional two-day pre-tour extension in Queenstown, and an optional three-night post-tour extension in Sydney, Australia are available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.