Join Professor of Classical Languages & Literatures, Scott Bradbury, and fellow alumnae on a cruise from picture-perfect Venice along the stunning Dalmatian coast and through the Corinth Canal to Athens. Enjoy a custom-designed, seven-night itinerary aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star, small ship MS Le Lyrial launched in 2015 and featuring balconies in most of its ocean-view Suites and Staterooms. Visit five countries and six UNESCO World Heritage sites, exploring the influence of the Roman, Greek, Byzantine, Venetian and Slavic civilizations on this comprehensive program featuring ports inaccessible to larger vessels, including Hvar, Korčula and the Bay of Kotor. In Croatia, tour Split’s Roman Diocletian’s Palace and Dubrovnik’s beautifully restored, 15th-century walled city; Kotor’s medieval fortifications and architecture in Montenegro; the remarkable archaeological site of Butrint, Albania; and, in Greece, Corfu’s Old Town, rooted in the eighth century B.C., and the ancient Greek site of Delphi.
Download the full trip brochure
- Journey to the city of Split for an in-depth tour of the thriving community living within Diocletian’s fourth-century palace, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Visit to Split’s Meštrović Gallery, home and atelier of Croatia’s renowned creative genius, Ivan Meštrović
- Tour the picturesque island of Korčula including a visit to the 17th-century Abbey Treasury.
- Take a walking tour of the walled city of Dubrovnik, a UNESCO World Heritage site, including visits to the Rector’s Palace and the Maritime Museum.
- Enjoy an exclusive Coastal Life® Forum with local residents and a folk music performance
Smith Faculty SpeakerScott Bradbury, professor of Classical Languages & Literatures
View Smith Faculty Speaker Profile
- Duration: 9 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active; Many of the cities and towns being visited were founded centuries ago, and the terrain is rugged. Therefore, a fair amount of walking along narrow cobblestone streets, stone floors or uneven and/or slippery terrain and climbing several flights of stairs (some without railings) is to be expected. Walking excursions often cover distances of at least one mile/1.6 km and are approximately three hours in length.
- Cost: From $4,395 per person, double occupancy; Price includes an early booking discount of $1,000 per person when booked by December 15, 2017.
- Single Supplement: From $5,200 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $600 per person, payable to Thomas P. Gohagan & Company
- Co-Sponsors: University of California (Berkeley), Dartmouth College, The Smithsonian Institution, and The World Affairs Council
- Optional Extensions: An optional two-night pre-tour extension to Venice, and a two-night post-tour extension to Athens are available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.