Download the full trip brochure
- Journey to the city of Split for an in-depth tour of the thriving community living within Diocletian’s fourth-century palace, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Visit to Split’s Meštrović Gallery, home and atelier of Croatia’s renowned creative genius, Ivan Meštrović
- Tour the picturesque island of Korčula including a visit to the 17th-century Abbey Treasury.
- Take a walking tour of the walled city of Dubrovnik, a UNESCO World Heritage site, including visits to the Rector’s Palace and the Maritime Museum.
- Enjoy an exclusive Coastal Life® Forum with local residents and a folk music performance
Smith Faculty SpeakerScott Bradbury, professor of Classical Languages & Literatures
View Smith Faculty Speaker Profile
- Duration: 9 days
- Activity Level: Moderately active; Many of the cities and towns being visited were founded centuries ago, and the terrain is rugged. Therefore, a fair amount of walking along narrow cobblestone streets, stone floors or uneven and/or slippery terrain and climbing several flights of stairs (some without railings) is to be expected. Walking excursions often cover distances of at least one mile/1.6 km and are approximately three hours in length.
- Cost: From $4,395 per person, double occupancy; Price includes an early booking discount of $1,000 per person when booked by December 15, 2017.
- Single Supplement: From $5,200 per person (limited availability)
- Deposit: $600 per person, payable to Thomas P. Gohagan & Company
- Co-Sponsors: University of California (Berkeley), Dartmouth College, The Smithsonian Institution, and The World Affairs Council
- Optional Extensions: An optional two-night pre-tour extension to Venice, and a two-night post-tour extension to Athens are available.
Contact us for more information, or call Smith Travel at 800-225-2029.
Please read our terms and conditions and other important information.